Live Fire Simulator
Park City Gun Club offers both a dedicated classroom for simulation training with laser only weapons (no live ammunition), and a dedicated live fire range with simulated and video targets. With the latest technology developed by LaserShot, you can go WAY beyond just shooting at paper targets! Check out the videos of these systems at: Lasershot
The classroom allows anyone (including kids or beginners) the opportunity for “crawl, walk, run” training, in which they can focus on shooting fundamentals and marksmanship before having to deal with the safety issues, noise, etc. of live ammunition. It’s also a great way to save on the cost of ammunition! In the classroom:
- Train with a real weapon to focus on proper grip, stance, aiming, trigger control and follow through
- Train and develop tactical decision and judgmental skills
- Improve target acquisition and engagement
- Train with realistic simulated recoil weapons or duty weapons outfitted with laser inserts and/or drop-in recoil conversion kits
In the Live Fire simulation range, the patented Thermal Shot™ Live-Fire Virtual Targetry System provides immersive training with virtual targetry courseware just as it would with laser based weapons, only with live fire.
Thermal Shot™ technology is the exclusive live fire solution that ensures the entire target wall is tracked. This implies that all areas of the screen will accurately track and register projectiles, resulting in zero blind spots and rogue shots. As a projectile passes through or strikes the Thermal Shot™ screen, the Phoenix™ camera detects and measures the locations of those strikes, instantly mapping the strikes to the projected images. The computer responds immediately with the correlating results which may include depictions of death, wounding, chipping, splintering, or other realistic bullet impacts. The advanced thermal core of the Phoenix™ live-fire camera detects energy spikes with such precision that it allows for the use with all standard caliber munitions used today, as well as air powered weapons such as pellets and soft-air projectiles.
IN PCGC’s Live Fire Range, you can
- Train with your own personal weapon, with no modification!
- Rent one of our standard or exotic weapons
- Enjoy the most realistic training possible
- Test your skills in competitions and speed drills against the computer or your friends!
Check out the impressive array of Software offered by PCGC in both our class room and live fire range environments:
- Built in course editor and lighting adjustment option
- Create virtually any qualification course from three to fifty meters while accommodating up to four targets in a single lane
- Lighting conditions can be set by stage from fully lit to complete darkness
- AAR enables a review of every shot taken from each distance - examine shot grouping, placement, and even print the targets
- Shooting results saved for later review and progress tracking
Branching video is one of the latest methods for providing advanced training in the most realistic settings. Laser Shot’s Branching Video Player allows for real-time video scenarios to be used and provides for several possible outcomes branching off from the original scene based on the trainee’s actions. The trainer has the ability to control the branching options and re-play the scenes to display and discuss the trainee’s performance
- Training drills focus on the improvement of a student’s speed, accuracy, and decision making skills
- Each drill allows an instructor to tailor every training session to individual skill levels from beginner to expert using adjustable settings such as number of targets, target face time, and target speed
- Developed with direct input from active Military and Law Enforcement instructors
Laser Shot offers both tethered and tetherless recoil conversion kits for many variants of duty weapons used today.
Virtual Battlespace 2
VBS2-Tactical Weapons Simulator is an interactive, three-dimensional training courseware suite that provides a premium synthetic environment suitable for a wide range of military (or similar) training purposes. VBS2 is gateway software that allows for the integration of individual and crew served weapons to interact with the realistic environments of VBS2. In doing so it provides multiple course creation options including practice, qualification, use-of-force escalation, and judgmental training for use with either precise laser or live-fire weaponry.
VBS2 enables extensions of training to the crew level when incorporated with air, land, and sea vehicle mock-ups such as the Blackhawk, Humvee or Naval/Coast Guard boat trainers, to interact in the training environments providing realistic convoy, gunnery, and crew training. Shoot house, MOUT, and close quarters battle exercises may also be created permitting highly realistic training of urban tactics, techniques
- RunningMan™ courseware prepares shooters for the most difficult shot they will face in a combat situation, the moving target
- Over 20 variable training options available to vary training in each course
- Simulates moving targets at varying speeds and distances to provide the most realistic training possible
- Operator can control the program remotely via a wired or wireless laptop or desktop PC
- Built-in after-action review for a detailed review of each shot fired during the training session and is available using laser or live-fire
- Includes Laser Shot’s patented Lead Indicator technology enabling combatants to learn exact leads for engaging moving targets at various speeds, distances, and directions